Travelling, Life Lessons and Home Free

Hello... 

...ladies, gentlemen and all the other imaginary people not reading this.

It's two months now since I returned back to Adelaide after my time abroad, it's getting warmer, the christmas tree is up, I have the best friends in the world and life is going gooooood!

I absolutely loved the travelling lifestyle but there was nothing better than getting home into my own bed, driving around in my own car and above all, have a bath, in my own bath!

I do, however, find myself looking back and thinking if only I could walk out my front door and take the C2 to Regent Street, walk around the streets shopping in boots, topshop, River island, meet my gals for tea in china town and just live the life. But as I learnt living there, London is a rich girls town, to which I just wasn't ready, financially or emotionally.

Maybe in 10 years when i'm a sought after solicitor and I can move to Chelsea and shop in Waitrose and just be fabulous. But for now i'm back to my 15 year old car, my casual employment, and waiting for uni to begin so I can one day afford the SW1 lifestyle.

It's cliché, but living out of home, especially in a different country, made me a different person. I found out some good things about myself, and some, well, not very good things.
I discovered I can be a strong person when facing difficulties, however that strength was not unearthed without some emotional scars.

But we don't worry, life goes on, i'm still breathing and if i'm honest, the happy memories 100% outweigh the negative ones.

My advice to all those thinking of making the move, do it. If you want to go, then go, by all means you'll discover if it's a good idea once you've done it, you can always return home, but the lessons you'll learn are worth the risks.

Catchya xx

Comments

Popular Posts